Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

A Happy Homeschooler

I spend a lot of time thinking about things. Halfway through last year, I started homeschooling. Going to school made me very unhappy. I felt sad, lonely and worried all the time and kids were mean to me. Yesterday morning I was thinking about what I liked and disliked about homeschooling, and I wanted to share my thoughts:

Good things about homeschooling:



  • I don't have to do schoolwork all day. I can get all my work finished then go out with my Mum to places like our favourite French cafe, and have an iced chocolate and macaroon. Yummy!
  • I get my own schoolroom. It has a globe, indoor plant, bin, a bed to have a rest on, timetable, notice board, white board, computer, art trolley, and best of all... affirmation cards.
  • I don't have to put up with other noisy kids. This is good because I can concentrate properly.
  • I don't miss my mummy like I used to when I went to school. We get to spend lots of time together now and she teaches me extra things like sewing.
  • I can wear anything I like every single day. I don't have to wear a uniform and shoes like I would if I went to school.
  • I don't get bullied or teased. There aren't any mean kids around.
  • I get to sleep in. I don't have to get up early and go to school.
There is only one thing I don't like about homeschooling. There is no-one to play with although there is a boy called Riley who lives on the street behind my house who likes to come over and ride on his scooter while I ride mine. Also, I'm hoping to meet up with some other homeschooling kids soon. 

So there are the good things and only one bad thing about homeschooling. I am a happy homeschooler.




8 comments:

  1. What a great post Grace! And get your mum to bring you along to some of our home schooling events! Hadley loves playing with other home schooling children and he wold love to meet you again (you met him once at Aussie World) Shona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace would love to meet up with Hadley again!

      Delete
  2. Grace is so insightful! I love what Grace has done here. May I pass it on please? I suppose schooling part-time wouldn't work? At Gympie West they have small groups in SEU block, and some children are mainstreamed part-time when/if ready. Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P. S. I forgot that it's supposed to now be called the "SEP" (Special Education Unit vs Special Education Program!). They have regular name changes apparently...

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I posted the same comment twice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so lucky getting to spend so much time with our beautiful Mummy. Love you beautiful girl and so happy you love your schooling!! xx

    ReplyDelete